|Report Area||State Rank||Z-Score (US)||Z-Score (State)||Average Expenditures||Percentage of Food-At-Home Expenditures|
|Franklin County, PA||12||0.38||0.77||suppressed||suppressed|
|United States||no data||no data||no data||$744.71||12.68%|
Nielsen is a publically held information company and a primary supplier of consumer spending data around the world, using both statistical analysis and field sampling techniques to produce accurate and timely information. Published annually, SiteReports provide market analysis to Nielsen customers at multiple geographic levels, spanning a wide range of topics including population demographics, household spending, and market potential. The SiteReports Consumer Buying Power (CBP) database is created using statistical models estimated from the Bureau of Labor Statistics' Consumer Expenditure Surveys (CEX). This survey provides information on the buying habits of American consumers, including expenditures, income, and other characteristics of the consumer unit (families and single consumers). The Consumer Expenditure Survey consists of two surveys: the quarterly Interview survey and the weekly Diary Survey. The surveys target the total non-institutionalized population (urban and rural) of the United States. The data is collected from the independent quarterly interview and weekly diary surveys of approximately 7,500 sample households. Each survey has its own independent sample, and each collects data on household income and socioeconomic characteristics. The current Nielsen Consumer Buying Power data uses a rolling five years of data from the Consumer Expenditure Survey, administered from 2005 through 2009. In addition to this data, the Nielsen Consumer Buying Power database also incorporates information from the following sources:
- Nielsen Demographic Update
- Nielsen Cartographics
- U.S. Census Bureau: Census of Retail Trade
For more information, please visit the Nielsen SiteReports website.
- Soft drinks: Soft drink expenditures included in this category are any non-alcoholic carbonated beverages purchased for consumption at home. Soft drinks purchased at restaurants and other dining establishments are not included.
- Alcoholic beverages: Alcohol expenditures included in this category are any beer, wine, and liquor purchased for consumption at home. Alcohol purchased at restaurants and bars is not included.
- Fruit and vegetables: Fruit and vegetables expenditures included in this category are all fresh, frozen and canned fruits and vegetables purchased for consumption at home.
- Tobacco: Tobacco expenditures included in this category are cigarettes only; cigars and other tobacco products are not included.
Race and Ethnicity
Statistics by race and ethnicity are not provided for this indicator.
Courtesy: Community Commons, <www.communitycommons.org>, November 2017