Healthy People 2020 is a national framework for public health prevention priorities and actions based on goals and objectives for health promotion and disease prevention. Healthy People 2020 contains 42 topic areas with more than 1,200 objectives. A select subset of 26 Healthy People 2020 objectives, called Leading Health Indicators (LHI) has been chosen to communicate high-priority health issues.
On a national level progress has been generally positive toward achieving these targets from 2010 to 2014. Fourteen of the 26 indicators (53.9%) have either met their target or shown improvement:
- 4 indicators (15.4%) have met or exceeded their Healthy People 2020 targets.
- 10 indicators (38.5%) are improving.
- 8 indicators (30.8%) show little or no detectable change.
- 3 indicators (11.5%) are getting worse.
- 1 indicator (3.8%) has only baseline data.
The subcategories found in this section reflect Franklin County specific data.
View the Healthy People 2020 Leading Health Indicators: Progress Update Executive Summary [PDF – 1.7 MB] to see a snapshot of progress for the LHIs.