Franklin Forward consists of a group of stakeholders from a variety of sectors committed to turning the crisis into an opportunity to reimagine Franklin County -- improve systems, reinvigorate our economy, and restore our community.
The areas of focus will evaluate successes and challenges of our community response throughout the ensuing crisis and will encompass short, mid, and long‐term recommendations, tasks, and goals. There will be two overarching themes woven throughout each area of focus: public policy recommendations and steps to ensure our County’s restart is equitable and inclusive of all county residents.
The task force will have several work groups that will address the following topics:
- Needs Assessment/Gap Analysis
- Data --- (identify baseline community /recovery/stability indicators over time)
- Public Health Mitigation --- (social distancing & public health practices/ education, contact tracing/containment, testing capacity, vaccinations)
- Economic Recovery & Assistance
- Pandemic Response Review/Recommendations
- Preparedness – The Next Wave
- Messaging and Solidarity
Healthy Franklin County COVID-19 Resources
For a summary of the phases outlined by Governor Wolf to help slow spread of the disease, click the buttons below
Franklin Forward Task Force Stakeholders
The task force is made-up of leaders representing a cross - section of the community and it is expected to work through the end of July.
Task Force Stakeholders
- Healthy Franklin County
- Franklin County Government
- Keystone Health
- Franklin County Area Development Corporation
- United Way of Franklin County
- Franklin County Visitors Bureau
- PA CareerLink
- Mental Health Association of Franklin/Fulton Counties
- Shippensburg Community Resource Coalition
- South Central Community Action Prorams
- First Start Partnerships
- Waynesboro Area School District
- Waynesboro Community and Human Services
- Buds of Promise Childcare Center
- Borough of Chambersburg
Franklin Forward FAQs
Franklin Forward FAQ is a weekly video series answering questions from Franklin County residents about COVID-19 and how your family can safely navigate these unprecedented times.
Resources for Thinking about Economic Recovery
Thank you to additional community organizations and members who provided data and input as part of the planning process.